Home | About | Account | Forums | Games
Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 6
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8580 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
jaywilson
Stranger

installing ant.. HELP!

I downloaded and installed Java wothout any problems Then went to install ant... it downloaded and exstracted ok but I can't figure out how to install it... Is there a step by step guide anywhere. I'm stumped. trying to install on a Win XP box. Thanks

~jay
[Aug 3, 2005 4:55:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
barnet6991
Stranger

Re: installing ant.. HELP!

Have you tried opening a console window and running the "ant.bat" script (located in Ant's "bin" directory)?
[Aug 3, 2005 5:57:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jaywilson
Stranger

Have you tried opening a console window and running the "ant.bat" script (located in Ant's "bin" directory)?

No I've been typing "ant" not "ant.bat" will give it a try. Thank You.

~J.
[Aug 3, 2005 11:24:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jaywilson
Stranger

I'm still stumped when I type ant.bat I recive the following message: "ANT_HOME is set incorrectly or ant could not be located. Please set ant home."

Upon reading the documentation for the 10th time I belive I set ANT_HOME by doing the following as per the doc.

Assume Ant is installed in c:\ant\. The following sets up the environment:

set ANT_HOME=c:\ant
set JAVA_HOME=c:\jdk1.2.2
set PATH=%PATH%;%ANT_HOME%\bin

I've typed it out just like it says at the "c:\" prompt "c:\set ANT_HOME... " but still get the same error message. What am I doing wrong? Thaks again for helping. ~J
[Aug 4, 2005 4:16:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LonesomeCrow
Stranger

I've typed it out just like it says at the "c:\" prompt "c:\set ANT_HOME... " but still get the same error message. What am I doing wrong? Thaks again for helping. ~J

Not being much of a windows user, I can't say for sure, but it seems to me that there is a way to set Environmental variables. If I remember correctly, go to the System Control Panel (Start -> Control Panel -> System), There's probaby several tabs fulls of settings, look for one called Environmental variables (or something similar). In there you should be able to associate a path with a variable name.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by LonesomeCrow at Aug 8, 2005 11:39:34 PM]
[Aug 8, 2005 11:37:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
garf
Stranger

I'm still stumped when I type ant.bat I recive the following message: "ANT_HOME is set incorrectly or ant could not be located. Please set ant home."

Upon reading the documentation for the 10th time I belive I set ANT_HOME by doing the following as per the doc.

For XP the above mentioned is (to my knowledge; I don't use XP) true.

The quoted instructions are what goes into a file called autoexec.bat in earlier Windows versions (like 95, 98SE, ME etc), doing the same thing (setting environment variables).
[Aug 15, 2005 6:24:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Home | About | Account | Forums | Games           ©2005 Three Rings Design, Inc