Home | About | Account | Forums | Games
Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 9
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5723 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
Pandalink
Stranger

Bnav Problems

Whenever a table I am on starts, I simply freeze on the lobby page. Those on my table apparently say I "lag out".

Ummm....
?
[Nov 2, 2006 4:11:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ncurtis
Stranger

Re: Bnav Problems

I just posted this on the Login problems thread before I saw yours. Your problem sounds exactly like the one I was having, so heres a re-posting:

Which jre/jdk version do you have installed? On my development box I have 1.5.0_07, and that was enough for doing game gardens development. Then when I uploaded Locksmith, I was not able to play from either of the Windows machines in the house.

Turns out I had 1.5.0_02 on one box, and 1.5.0_03 on the other. In both cases I was able to log into the game lobby and start/join a game. Once I did that though, I was left staring at the lobby, and was never shown the game board.

I upgraded both machines to 1.5.0_09, and the problem went away.

The moral being that vanilla 1.5.0 isn't quite enough to get full functionality out of game gardens games.
[Nov 3, 2006 9:20:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pandalink
Stranger

Installing the latest version of Java doesn't appear to work. Any ideas?
[Nov 3, 2006 9:35:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kids4tv
Stranger

Same problem with me I dont know what to do
[Nov 6, 2006 8:44:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tcarr
Advanced Member

Ok, it just happened to me too for the first time, trying to play Pickerel. If it helps, this morning I've been having trouble with extremely slow loading of threads in forums and sometimes checking my popmail times out.

I suspect it's a timeout issue with a slow or noisy connection.
[Nov 6, 2006 11:26:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.frontiernet.net/~otherwhen/ [Link]  Go to top 
Kids4tv
Stranger

Ummmmm Mine is working now it's weird I just go to the home go to bnav and clikc play and it works :O last time it didnt
[Nov 7, 2006 7:46:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tcarr
Advanced Member

It sure sounds like slow, noisy connection, or possibly a DDoS attack. In a DDoS attack, sometimes you get through and sometimes you don't.
[Nov 7, 2006 7:51:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.frontiernet.net/~otherwhen/ [Link]  Go to top 
Pandalink
Stranger

Mine never works, I have the latest Javas. Any ideas?
[Nov 18, 2006 9:01:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tcarr
Advanced Member

You might be stuck behind a firewall. My daughter is at college and can't run any GameGardens games at all because of the college's firewall.

Also, if you are running WinXP and use MSIE for your browser, deleting all temporary internet files seems to help. With WinXP and FireFox, deleting the .jnlp file that downloads, then trying again seems to help.
[Nov 18, 2006 10:14:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.frontiernet.net/~otherwhen/ [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Home | About | Account | Forums | Games           ©2005 Three Rings Design, Inc